Doctoral Studies in Christian Studies
Christian Studies promotes research in Christian ideology and theology in the pluralistic, multi-religious and secular context of Indian reality. Hence its focus is to promote national progress and integration, social and religious harmony, and enrichment of the individuals by understanding world religions and cultures through research based on Christian values. Christian studies promotes research in theological concepts that has relevance for the church and society from a socio-theological perspective.
- Master’s degree in Christian Studies or Master of Arts in Theology or Any postgraduate degree, considered equivalent to MA in Christian Studies by the Academic Committee of Theology and Religious Studies (ACTRS), Martin Luther Christian University.
- A person with a postgraduate degree in any secular subject from a recognised University or Board deemed equivalent by the Academic Committee of Theology and Religious Studies of Martin Luther Christian University with a bridge course in the fundamentals of Biblical and Theological studies equivalent to 12 credits.
- Postgraduate Degree in any field with a Bachelor’s degree in Divinity (B. Div) or a Master’s degree in Divinity (M.Div).
- Minimum two years of experience in ministry or teaching experience.
- The duration of the programme is calculated from the admission date, i.e., the entrance test results’ announcement.
- The Minimum duration is three years.
- The maximum duration shall be six years, extendable up to one year. This is applicable only in exceptional circumstances and subjected to the approval of the Doctoral Committee.
- This is applicable to a candidate who has not been able to complete his/her doctoral studies within the permitted extension period.
- The candidate who wishes to continue to pursue the doctoral studies will have to be re-admitted. Such candidates should petition the Doctoral Committee for approval to re-apply.
- Re-admission into the programme will include
- Appearing for the entrance test
- Completing the course work, and
- Payment of the fees current at the time of the new application.
For Women Candidates
- Women candidates may be provided with an extension of the PhD for an additional 240 days.
- Such scholars who wish to avail this provision will write to the Dean Research stating the reason.