PHD IN THEOLOGY
The Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies was created by the Board of Governors in it meeting held on 29th March 2019 under the provision of the MLCU Act, 2005, Chapter 2, Section 7 (a) of the MLCU Act, 2005 and Statues 10.1 of the MLCU Statues & Rules, 2016.
The University’s mission emphasises its mandate to recognise its Christian legacy and its commitment to Christian institutions and the Christian community. Thus, Doctoral Studies in Theology is to enhance leaders’ capacity to serve in theological institutions, churches, and society.
- To enhance knowledge in theological and religious studies and other related disciplines with mastery in an academic field;
- To increase awareness and competence in teaching and research in colleges, theological seminaries, and universities, and to instil a commitment to collaborative inquiry, to mentor, publication and other modes of transferring knowledge;
- To enhance the church and Christian institutional leadership capacity and build growth in one’s ability and dedication to social and theological diversity and its capacity to relate across difference.
- To build the capacity to conduct advanced scholarly research and writing that makes an original contribution to the discipline that is significant for religious communities, academy, and society.
- To enhance the ability to communicate one’s research appropriately to scholars within one’s discipline and other scholars, professionals, or publics beyond one’s field.
Fields for Research
- Doctoral Studies in Theology
- Doctoral Studies in Ministry
- Phd in ministry for those who have completed Doctor of Ministry
- Doctoral Studies in Christian Management
- Doctoral Studies in Christian Studies
More Important Links
1. The Candidate who cleared the entrance test will be required to sit for an Interview
2. The Interview which is part of the selection process will be conducted online.
3. The link will be sent to you 24 hours before the scheduled interview time.
4. The duration of the interview of each candidate is 20minutes.
Please read the following instructions carefully:
Please prepare the following to be submitted with your application form:
1. Please submit 500 words essay on:
Why I want to do a PhD and how it will help my career and benefit society?
2. Please submit a tentative research proposal of approximately 1500 words with five or ten academic references.
3. The Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) is to be paid along with the application. Applications received without the application fees will be rejected. You may follow the instructions given in the portal to make your payment.
4. For further queries write to email@example.com or to theDean, Doctoral Committee, Martin Luther Christian University, Dongkhtieh,Block 1, Nongrah, Shillong 793006, Meghalaya, India